Wednesday, May 13, 2009

I got what I got

It's been less than a week since everything changed. I, personally, think I'm handling it quite well.

I'm really sorry I don't blog as often as I should/I'd like. There are some nights I sit here for hours writing & always end up deleting the whole thing. That actually happens 9x's out of 10. So, forgive.

Last week was just amazing/bittersweet/happy/sad/drunken/surreal. I never thought I'd walk across that stage. I walked mainly to prove it to myself. Not to anybody else. I remember thinking my first year of college that I wouldn't make it through. I remember thinking that school just wasn't for me--I wasn't great in it in high school, so what made me think I'd be great in it further along? Well, I was right about one thing: I definitely wasn't great at it by any means. BUT I didn't give up. Wanna know why? I bet you know why. It has something to do with that little gold locket I like to wear on occasion.

Did Jordin Sparks win AI last year? I could have swore thats what Ryan just said. I am only half listening to him. This song sounds just like that Jennifer Hudson song. I like how I'm acting like everybody is watching this, too. ANSWER ME! Really, though... who won last year? Did I watch it last year? Sorry.

Anways.

Graduation day was a day to remember, I'll tell you that. Lauren & I walked to the Dunn in the rain only to be forced into a crammed tunnel because of tornado warnings... for a long time. It was pretty hilar. We eventually shimmied out way into the football locker room in order to not melt to death. Well, we graduated eventually. Only a few minutes late. I texted, chewed my gum obnoxiously, scanned the crowds for my friends, just like a preschool grad. Sure I didn't have any of my family there, but I've never felt so blessed and thankful for the things I DO have than I did in the center of the Dunn that day. I got a bouquet of flowers from Ben, Carly, & The Laugeness family. I got cheers from my best friends. I got hugs from my best friends. I got texts from my family (& one from a certain Cooksey mother which... words can't describe). I can't begin to explain the joy I felt on that day.

Lauren & I had our grad party on Sunday. Once again--we have the best people in our lives. I couldn't have asked for a better time. I'm SO thankful for everything Mr. Paul, Mrs. Merrilee, my Dad & Kadie did for us. I was overcome with emotion. It was so good to see everybody, too.

SO, I became a full-time girl on Monday. I find myself eating, sleeping, & breathing money. I really do like it a lot, though! There's so much to learn & it's so easy to mess up, but I think I'll catch on eventually :) The whole 8-5 thing... well, I'll adjust. I now see why adults (I won't call myself that still) are so anxious for the weekends. I need a drink.

This was too long. My apologies. I'm too tired to proofread so ignore any mistakes till tomorrow. Night ya'll.

2 comments:

  1. freaking david cook won!! the best ever.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yeah!! I don't know how I forgot that. Got that bad mem.

    ReplyDelete