Monday, April 27, 2009

11 Days.

To Do:
- Presentation tomorrow
- 3 Managerial accounting assignments
- 2 websites
- 2 in-class finals
- 2 online finals

... & I don't want college to end WHY??

Overlooking everything I have to do, I really don't want this to end. Today, I walked my good 4-5 blocks to class & back, walked to the gym, worked out, & walked back, making sure I took a new route each time I ventured out. Just to reminisce. Just to remember everything that's happened these past 5 years. I find myself walking to the river ("Clarksville Beach"), climbing the ridiculous hills that makeup Downtown Clarksville for almost an hour at a time just to take these last few days in. Yes, these are all things I will be able to do after I graduate, but it's the principle. I'm SUCH a college kid. I don't know how to get out of that mindset.

I'm walking the same routes I walk Thursday nights-Saturday nights (except I'm usually wasted &/or barefoot on those nights). I love to walk. I've always loved to walk. It started a few years ago when I would get what I called "walk-happy" when I was drinking, but it really has turned into my favorite thing to do. Yes, I'm a runner when it comes down to my workouts, but there's something so much more calming to me when I'm just trying to think & clear my head while walking. I like that it's pretty enough outside TO walk. I like that I have the time to walk. I'm gonna miss this.

There's only a handful of people I'm going to really, really miss. People I know are leaving (because, of course, I'll be right here). As we all know, I don't handle change well. I hate it, actually. Unless it's some amazing thing that is gonna make me happy forever, but that's rarely the case. I'm excited to an extent. Just terrified.

I had my first big girl job interview for Cumberland Bank & Trust on Friday morning. We'll see how that pans out.

I'll get my work done, but I'm not gonna lie--I will be spending a majority of the next 11 days being as much of a college kid as I possibly can be.

2 comments:

  1. speaking of graduation, I discovered a shiny graduation invitation from Marg. Leah Dur. on my parents' refrigerator approx. one week ago. In excitement, I travel to my own home, peer inside my mailbox, but to my dismay, find nothing.

    All I can assume is that you don't want me there. Well too bad, I will be there to support Lauren... against your wishes.

    ReplyDelete